Octavia

Michael Johnson johnsomor at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 14:04:34 UTC 2021

This is a kolla bug most likely.

This could be caused by a few possible issues in kolla:

1. The images are owned by the wrong project.  Kolla may deploy
Octavia under a special service project. The image kolla uploads to
glance must be uploaded under the service project as owner. A simple
test to see if this is the issue would be to set the image as "public"
such that all users of the cloud can see it. If a load balancer can be
created after that change, the images are loaded under a project that
Octavia cannot access.
2. The other possibility is kolla configured an alternate tag name.
Check the [controller_worker] amp_image_tag setting [1] in
octavia.conf. The images must be tagged with the same name as is
configured in the octavia.conf for the controllers.

Let us know either way (and ideally open a bug for kolla) what you find out.

Michael

[1] https://docs.openstack.org/octavia/latest/configuration/configref.html#controller_worker.amp_image_tag