Automagically find LP bugs that should be marked as "Fix Released"

Cyril Roelandt croeland at redhat.com
Tue Aug 3 13:59:03 UTC 2021

Hello,

I recently realized that some of my Launchpad bugs had a status
different from "Fix Released" even though a fix had been released, and
still appeared in my query of "open bugs". I wrote a simple script[1] to
find bugs in a similar state:

$ cd ~/openstack/glance_store/
# We assume the repository is up-to-date
# Let's find the glance_store bugs fixed between 2.4.0 and 2.5.0
$ fix-released.sh 2.4.0 2.5.0 glance-store
https://bugs.launchpad.net/glance-store/+bug/1915163 (Opinion)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/glance-store/+bug/1915602 (New)

In both these bug reports the following comment can be found: "This
issue was fixed in the openstack/glance_store 2.5.0 release.", but the
bug statuses have not been changed to "Fix Released".

Comments are welcome, and I hope this helps.
Cyril

[1] https://gist.github.com/CyrilRoelandteNovance/1af6a5a23112ce444bda0ca2010d3465