stackalytics.com/api/1.0/activity

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Tue Aug 3 12:29:53 UTC 2021

On 2021-08-03 13:02:45 +0100 (+0100), Sean Mooney wrote:
> it might make more sense to eventually move this to somethign
> hosted by opendev rather then relying on the good nature of the
> comunity to run it.
[...]

We did try at one time some years ago, but the service was
unmanageable (required a restart to update any of the user data,
which took hours and up to a day to re-query everything and come
back online) and buggy (left hung SSH connections in its wake until
the max sessions limit enforced for the Gerrit API kicked in and
blocked it from reconnecting). We had volunteers lined up to solve
these problems, and even some patches already proposed to start
addressing them, but could not get the maintainers to review that
work. Eventually we gave up, scrapped the idea, and tore down our
server for it.

Unless those issues have been addressed, we'd need new volunteers to
get the service in shape... but even so, I'm hesitant to suggest
OpenDev take on maintaining new services when we're actively trying
to shed responsibilities so we can focus on improving services the
community relies strongly on to get things done.
--
Jeremy Stanley