[all][qa][cinder][octavia][murano] Devstack dropping support for Ubuntu Bionic 18.04

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Thu Apr 29 22:25:12 UTC 2021

Hello Everyone,

As per the testing runtime since Victoria [1], we need to move our CI/CD to Ubuntu Focal 20.04 but
it seems there are few jobs still running on Bionic. As devstack team is planning to drop the Bionic support
you need to move those to Focal otherwise they will start failing. We are planning to merge the devstack patch
by 2nd week of May.

- https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/devstack/+/788754

I have not listed all the job but few of them which were failing with ' rtslib-fb-targetctl error' are below:

Cinder- cinder-plugin-ceph-tempest-mn-aa
- https://opendev.org/openstack/cinder/src/commit/7441694cd42111d8f24912f03f669eec72fee7ce/.zuul.yaml#L166

python-cinderclient - python-cinderclient-functional-py36
- https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/python-cinderclient/+/788834

Octavia- https://opendev.org/openstack/octavia-tempest-plugin/src/branch/master/zuul.d/jobs.yaml#L182

Murani- murano-dashboard-sanity-check
-https://opendev.org/openstack/murano-dashboard/src/commit/b88b32abdffc171e6650450273004a41575d2d68/.zuul.yaml#L15

Also if your 3rd party CI is still running on Bionic, you can plan to migrate it to Focal before devstack patch merge.

[1] https://governance.openstack.org/tc/reference/runtimes/victoria.html

-gmann