[Cinder] Problem in iSCSI Portal

Gorka Eguileor geguileo at redhat.com
Thu Apr 29 11:48:24 UTC 2021

On 20/04, Taha Adel wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The situation is, I have one storage node that has cinder-volume service up
> and running on top of it and has a dedicated physical NIC for storage
> traffic. I have set the following configuration in /etc/cinder/cinder.conf
> file at the storage node:
>
> volume_driver = cinder.volume.drivers.lvm.LVMVolumeDriver
> volume_group = cinder-volumes
> target_protocol = iscsi
> target_helper = lioadm
> iscsi_ip_address = 10.0.102.11 (different than the management ip)
>
> The service is able to create the volume and attach it as a backstore for
> iSCSI, but it can't create a Portal for iSCSI service. Should I create the
> portal entry by myself? or is there a mistake I have made in the config
> file?
>
> Thanks in advance

Hi,

What operation are you trying to do?  What is the failure you are
seeing?

If you are creating a volume from image using the LVM backend, then
there won't be an iSCSI target/portal for the operation.

If you are attaching the volume to a nova instance and it's failing,
there should be an error either on the cinder volume logs or the nova
compute logs that would help figure out the issue.

Cheers,
Gorka.