[openstack-ansible][osa][PTG] OpenStack-Ansible Xena PTG summary

Dmitriy Rabotyagov noonedeadpunk at ya.ru
Tue Apr 27 18:14:26 UTC 2021

Hi everyone!

First of all I would like to thank everyone for attendance.

We have discussed a lot of topics both regarding things that we need to merge before releasing Wallaby (we are trailing behind and may release in up to 3 month after official release) and regarding plans for the Xena.

First comes list of things that we agreed to land for W in descending priority:
1. ansible-role-pki. Gerrit topic [1]
2. Centos8-Stream. Gerrit topic [2]
3. Move neutron-server to standalone group in env.d
4. Debian Bullseye. We're currently blocked with infra [3]
5. Senlin tempest test [4]
6. Fix broken roles
7. Implement send_service_user_token and service_token_roles_required

Also we agreed to keep ansible-base 2.11.* release for Wallaby, and not switch to the ansible-core yet.

List of descisions that were taken for the Xena release:
1. Deprecate Ubuntu Bionic at the beggining of X cycle
2. Deprecate Centos-8 (classic) at the beginning of X cycle
3. Switch MariaDB balancing frontend from HAproxy to MaxScale
4. Drop Nginx for the Keystone and use Apache is all scenarios as most unified solution.
5. Add option to roles to configure systemd timers for cleaning up soft-deleted records in DB
6. Create operating systems support table to clear out possible upgrade paths between releases
7. Replace dashes with underscores in group names and dynamic inventory and stop ignoring TRANSFORM_INVALID_GROUP_CHARS.
8. Adding ability to enable prometheus support for MariaDB and HAproxy
9. Revise possibility to support deployments on top of arm64
10. Look into creation common roles for Ansible OpenStack collection. At least write a blueprint/spec regarding scope of these roles.
11. Deploy ARA on localhost for OSA logging, configured by variables

[1] https://review.opendev.org/q/topic:%22osa%252Fpki%22+(status:open)
[2] https://review.opendev.org/q/topic:%22osa-stream%22+(status:open)
[3] https://review.opendev.org/q/topic:%22debian_bullseye%22+(status:open)
[4] https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/openstack-ansible-os_senlin/+/754045