[neutron][interop][refstack] New tests and capabilities to track in interop

Kanevsky, Arkady Arkady.Kanevsky at dell.com
Tue Apr 27 16:20:57 UTC 2021

Comments inline.

From: Martin Kopec <mkopec at redhat.com>
Sent: Monday, April 26, 2021 10:48 AM
To: openstack-discuss; Kanevsky, Arkady; Slawek Kaplonski
Subject: [neutron][interop][refstack] New tests and capabilities to track in interop

[EXTERNAL EMAIL]
Hi everyone,

I would like to further discuss the topics we covered with the neutron team during
the PTG [1].

* adding address_group API capability
It's tested by tests in neutron-tempest-plugin. First question is if tests which are
not directly in tempest can be a part of a non-add-on marketing program?

AK – yes as long as it is commonly supported by the clouds and ditto for users.
As long as it meet criteria as defined by Interop.

It's possible to move them to tempest though, by the time we do so, could they be
marked as advisory?

AK – I like that approach.

* Shall we include QoS tempest tests since we don't know what share of vendors
enable QoS? Could it be an add-on?
These tests are also in neutron-tempest-plugin, I assume we're talking about
neutron_tempest_plugin.api.test_qos tests.
If we want to include these tests, which program should they belong to? Do we wanna
create a new one?

AK – by definition they belong to OpenStack powered compute and platform.
AT some old time ago we talked about program for specific verticals.
NFV was considered first but did not go anywhere.
Lack of bandwidth to make it happen as well as lack of interest in OpenSTack since OPNFV (currently Anuket) was handling it.

[1] https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/neutron-xena-ptg [etherpad.opendev.org]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/etherpad.opendev.org/p/neutron-xena-ptg__;!!LpKI!0ffVYPqRJsO-sTwYbNveGON8O2EebE4UmuCl29kaboANM9lkOijmEBWZ2wBhV7kI6NSL$>

Martin Kopec
Senior Software Quality Engineer
Red Hat EMEA