[release][ironic] ironic-python-agent-builder release model change

Riccardo Pittau elfosardo at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 10:01:18 UTC 2021

Hello fellow openstackers!

During the recent xena ptg, the ironic community had a discussion about the
need to move the ironic-python-agent-builder project from an independent
model to the standard release model.
When we initially split the builder from ironic-python-agent, we decided
against it, but considering some problems we encountered during the road,
the ironic community seems to be in favor of the change.
The reasons for this are mainly to strictly align the image building
project to ironic-python-agent releases, and ease dealing with the
occasional upgrade of tinycore linux, the base image used to build the
"tinyipa" ironic-python-agent ramdisk.

We'd like to involve the release team to ask for advice, not only on the
process, but also considering that we need to ask to cut the first branch
for the wallaby stable release, and we know we're a bit late for that! :)

Thank you in advance for your help!

Riccardo