[kuryr] vPTG April 2021

Michał Dulko mdulko at redhat.com
Fri Apr 23 10:43:09 UTC 2021

Hi,

The Kuryr PTG sessions ended today. Here's a high level summary of the
sessions:

 * We've did a retrospective of the Wallaby cycle. Turns out quite a
   lot got implemented with highlights like support for SCTP, multiple
   nodes subnets and services without selectors, as well as stabilizing
   the e2e network policy gate. Some of those contributions were done
   by Outreachy intern Tabitha, which I see as a great success.
 * We had some Outreachy applicants present this time too. We've talked
   about the pain points of starting contribution to the project. This
   mainly focuses on problems with setting up a VM with DevStack and
   resources required to run it.
 * There was a discussion about having an OpenShift 4.x gate in kuryr-
   kubernetes. There are multiple challenges here, the main being
   access to a cloud able to run OpenShift 4.x + Kuryr.
 * A go-ahead was given for OpenShift 3.11 support in DevStack. The
   main argument is that current kuryr-kubernetes cannot work with so
   ancient K8s API version.
 * It was decided that we're going to default our CI gates to use OVN +
   ovn-octavia-provider instead of ovs + Amphora and enable network
   policy support. This is mainly triggered by Neutron team switching
   the DevStack's default to OVN.
 * With work switching DevStack plugin to use kubeadm progressing we
   see opportunity to test multiple K8s versions in the gate.
 * Regarding dual stack feature we discussed design detail of Endpoints
   vs EndpointSlices problem and decided that we might need to just
   support both and let Kuryr decide which has more important
   information.

Full notes can be found in etherpad [1].

Thanks,
Michał

[1] https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/apr2021-ptg-kuryr