Why doesn't identity providers have separate IDs and Names in Openstack?

Kabai Zoltán kabaiz at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 14:59:40 UTC 2021

Dear Community,

I just have a question what I couldn't resolve with my colleagues:

Why doesn't identity providers have separate IDs and Names in Openstack?

I think most of the things have a separate ID and a separate Name in
Openstack (Users, Projects, virtual machines, etc). Why doesn't identity
providers have separate IDs and Names? Are there other objects like this?
Is there a rule why specific entities must have both IDs and Names while
others can live without a separate Name?

$ openstack identity provider list
| ID             | Enabled | Description |
| cloud1         | True    | None        |

Br,
Zoltán Gábor  Kabai
kabaiz at gmail.com