[Cinder] Problem in iSCSI Portal

Taha Adel eng.taha1928 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 11:39:22 UTC 2021

Hello,

The situation is, I have one storage node that has cinder-volume service up
and running on top of it and has a dedicated physical NIC for storage
traffic. I have set the following configuration in /etc/cinder/cinder.conf
file at the storage node:

volume_driver = cinder.volume.drivers.lvm.LVMVolumeDriver
volume_group = cinder-volumes
target_protocol = iscsi
target_helper = lioadm
iscsi_ip_address = 10.0.102.11 (different than the management ip)

The service is able to create the volume and attach it as a backstore for
iSCSI, but it can't create a Portal for iSCSI service. Should I create the
portal entry by myself? or is there a mistake I have made in the config
file?

Thanks in advance