[Placement] Weird issue in placement-api

Taha Adel eng.taha1928 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 09:57:40 UTC 2021

Hello,

I currently have OpenStack manually deployed by following the official
install documentation, but I have faced a weird situation. When I send an
api request to placement api service using the following command:

*curl -H "X-Auth-Token: $T" http://controller:8778 <http://controller:8778>*

I received a status code of "*200*", which indicates a successful
operation. But, when I issue the following request:

*curl -H "X-Auth-Token: $T" http://controller:8778/resource_providers
<http://controller:8778/resource_providers> *

I received a status code of "*503*", and when I checked the logs of
placement and keystone, they say that the authentication failed. For the
same reason, nova-compute can't register itself as a resource provider.

I'm sure that the authentication credentials for placement are set
properly, but I don't know what's the problem.

Any suggestions, please?