[cinder] How to post multiple patches.

野村和正 / NOMURA,KAZUMASA kazumasa.nomura.rx at hitachi.com
Mon Apr 12 04:52:24 UTC 2021

Hi everyone,

Hitachi has developed the out-of-tree driver as Cinder driver. But we want to deprecate the out-of-tree driver and support only the in-tree driver.
We need to submit about ten more patches(*1) for full features which the out-of-tree driver has such as Consistency Group and Volume Replication.

In that case, we have two options:
1. Submit two or three patches at once. In other words, submit two or three patches to Xena, then submit another two or three patches after previous patches were merged, and so on. This may give reviewers the feeling of endless.
2. Submit all patches at once to Xena. This will give reviewers the information how many patches remains from the beginning, but many pathes may bother them.

Does anyone have an opinion as to which option is better?

Thanks,
Kazumasa Nomura
E-mail: kazumasa.nomura.rx at hitachi.com<mailto:kazumasa.nomura.rx at hitachi.com>