[victoria][magnum]fedora-atomic-27 image

Luke Camilleri luke.camilleri at zylacomputing.com
Tue Apr 6 21:51:00 UTC 2021

We have insatlled magnum following the installation guide here
https://docs.openstack.org/magnum/victoria/install/install-rdo.html and
the process was quite smooth but we have been having some issues with
the deployment of the clusters.

The image being used as per the documentation is
https://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/atomic/stable/Fedora-Atomic-27-20180419.0/CloudImages/x86_64/images/Fedora-Atomic-27-20180419.0.x86_64

Our first issue was that podman was being used even if we specified the
use_podman=false (since the image above did not include podman) but this
was resulting in a timeout and the cluster would fail to deploy. We have
then installed podman in the image and the cluster progressed a bit further

/+ echo 'WARNING Attempt 60: Trying to install kubectl. Sleeping 5s'//
//+ sleep 5s//
//+ ssh -F /srv/magnum/.ssh/config root at localhost '/usr/bin/podman
run     --entrypoint /bin/bash     --name install-kubectl     --net
host     --privileged     --rm --user root     --volume
/srv/magnum/bin:/host/srv/magnum/bin k8s.gcr.io/hyperkube:v1.15.7     -c
'\''cp /usr/local/bin/kubectl /host/srv/magnum/bin/kubectl'\'''//
//bash: /usr/bin/podman: No such file or directory//
//ERROR Unable to install kubectl. Abort.//
//+ i=61//
//+ '[' 61 -gt 60 ']'//
//+ echo 'ERROR Unable to install kubectl. Abort.'//
//+ exit 1/

The cluster is now failing here at "kube_cluster_deploy" and when
checking the logs on the master node we noticed the following in the log
files:

/Starting to run kube-apiserver-to-kubelet-role//
//Waiting for Kubernetes API...//
//+ echo 'Waiting for Kubernetes API...'//
//++ curl --silent http://127.0.0.1:8080/healthz//
//+ sleep 5/

This is because the kubernetes API server is not installed either. I
have noticed some scripts that should handle the installation but I
would like to know if anyone here has had similar issues with a clean
Victoria installation.

Also should we have to install any packages in the fedora atomic image
file or should the installation requirements be part of the stack?

Thanks in advance for any asistance