[E] Re: [Ironic][RFE] Enable support for espresso machines in Ironic

Jay Faulkner jay.faulkner at verizonmedia.com
Thu Apr 1 21:58:54 UTC 2021

OpenStack is about producing large amounts of homogenous instances. This
sort of espresso-machine pandering will just lead us down a path of
supporting all kinds of lattes, mochas, and macchiatos -- not even to get
started on the flavor syrups and steamed milk.

We have to focus on managing large pots of coffee, so that people can drink
and know the next cup they get will be the exact same. We're building a
homogenous coffee environment, we can't be supporting every milk, style,
and flavor syrup in the world.

-
Jay Faulkner

P.S. Don't even try to sneak any of those dark roast Starbucks beans past
the refcoffee tests. That kind of bitterness exceeds our API spec.