[all] Gate resources and performance

Dan Smith dms at danplanet.com
Thu Apr 1 00:00:12 UTC 2021

Hi Wes,

> Just wanted to check back in on the resource consumption topic.
> Looking at my measurements the TripleO group has made quite a bit of
> progress keeping our enqued zuul time lower than our historical
> average.  Do you think we can measure where things stand now and have
> some new numbers available at the PTG?

Yeah, in the last few TC meetings I've been saying things like "let's
not sample right now because we're in such a weird high-load situation
with the release" and "...but we seem to be chewing through a lot of
patches, so things seem better." I definitely think the changes made by
tripleo and others are helping. Life definitely "feels" better
lately. I'll try to circle back and generate a new set of numbers with
my script, and also see if I can get updated numbers from Clark on the
overall percentages.

Thanks!

--Dan