Question about faafo

Jesus Aransay jesus-maria.aransay at unirioja.es
Wed Sep 30 10:38:21 UTC 2020

Dear all,

I know that faafo ( https://opendev.org/openstack/faafo ) is no longer
being maintained, but I still use it to present some service deployment in
my teaching about cloud systems.

The application still runs nicely in Ubuntu1804, but I tried to configure
the RabbitMQ queue to be created in the publisher (Service API), instead of
in the consumers (Service Worker), but I failed. My intention was to show
that messages could be published in the queue without any workers having
been deployed yet.

I thought adding a "maybe_declare" statement in the publisher  "would do
the trick":

https://github.com/jmaransay/faafo/blob/478428f11d92cc22d1be396afec3c787136d35f7/faafo/api/service.py#L135

But still the message queue is only created when the first worker machine
is deployed.

Does anybody still have some clue about why the application was configured
like that, or how the queue could be created in the publisher?

Any hints would be highly appreciated, thank you very much in advance,

Jesús

--
Jesús María Aransay Azofra
Universidad de La Rioja
mail: jesus-maria.aransay at unirioja.es
web: http://www.unirioja.es/cu/jearansa
Edificio Científico Tecnológico-CCT, c/ Madre de Dios, 53 26006, Logroño,
España