[all] Switch to python3-pycryptodome

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Tue Sep 29 10:08:08 UTC 2020

Thomas Goirand wrote:
> [...]
> So my question is:
> - Is it really a drop-in replacement, and can it be replaced in the
> packages (maybe, delta the imports?)?
> - If not, how much work is this?
> - Can the OpenStack project also move to pycryptodome?

Hmm, I don't think we depend on python3-crypto at all...

We depend on pysaml2, but I don't think it depends on python3-crypto either.

Looking at sid's python3-pysaml2 4.5.0-8 (there is no python-pysaml2 in
sid) it appears to have a Depends on python3-cryptography, which is not
the same thing as python3-crypto, and looks fully maintained:

https://pypi.org/project/cryptography/

Maybe those bug reports were filed by someone blindly grepping for
python3-crypto ?

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)