Ussuri Octavia load balancer on OVS

pwm pwm2012 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 14:22:31 UTC 2020

Hi,
I using the following setup for Octavia load balancer on OVS
Ansible openstack_user_config.yml
    - network:
        container_bridge: "br-lbaas"
        container_type: "veth"
        container_interface: "eth14"
        host_bind_override: "eth14"
        ip_from_q: "octavia"
        type: "flat"
        net_name: "octavia"
        group_binds:
          - neutron_openvswitch_agent
          - octavia-worker
          - octavia-housekeeping
          - octavia-health-manager

user_variables.yml
octavia_provider_network_name: "octavia"
octavia_provider_network_type: flat
octavia_neutron_management_network_name: lbaas-mgmt

/etc/netplan/50-cloud-init.yaml
 br-lbaas:
            dhcp4: no
            interfaces: [ bond10 ]
            addresses: []
            parameters:
                stp: false
                forward-delay: 0
 bond10:
            dhcp4: no
            addresses: []
            interfaces: [ens16]
            parameters:
                mode: balance-tlb

brctl show
bridge name     bridge id                         STP enabled     interfaces
br-lbaas            8000.d60e4e80f672       no
2ea34552_eth14

              bond10

However, I am getting the following error when creating the load balance
octavia.amphorae.drivers.haproxy.rest_api_driver [-] Could not connect to
instance. Retrying.: requests.exceptions.ConnectionError:
HTTPSConnectionPool(host='172.29.233.47', port=9443

The Octavia api container unable to connect to the amphora instance.
Any missing configuration, cause I need to manually add in the eth14
interface to the br-lbaas bridge in order to fix the connection issue
brctl addif br-lbaas eth14

Thanks