[tc][all] Wallaby Cycle Community Goals

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Thu Sep 24 14:55:02 UTC 2020

 ---- On Thu, 24 Sep 2020 03:45:38 -0500 Lajos Katona <katonalala at gmail.com> wrote ----
 > Hi,I would like to selectively respond to the number of goals per cycle question.
 > A possible direction could be to forget the "one cycle goal" thing and allow to finish the goals in a longer time frame. From "management" perspective the important is to have a fix number of goals per cycle to avoid overallocation of people.
 > Another approach could be to attach a number, a difficulty feeling or similar to the proposed goals to make it easier to select them, and avoid to choose 2 hard-to-do goal for one cycle.This numbering can be done by project teams/PTLs whoever has the insight for the projects.Example: zuulv3 migration can be a hard to do goal as affects the whole gating of a project with hard coordination between projects.Add healthcheck API is much simpler as can be done without affecting the life of a whole project, or the community.

+1 on these feedback.

 > A possible direction could be to forget the "one cycle goal" thing
This is much needed for complex goal or need more work like OSC one, we have
not done yet but we discussed the possibility of multi-cycle goal in last cycle.
We can add the framwork/guidance for multi-cycle goal like it has to be devided
by work to be done or by projects(like target set of projects per cycle).

-gmann