[tc][all] Wallaby Cycle Community Goals

Lajos Katona katonalala at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 08:45:38 UTC 2020

Hi,
I would like to selectively respond to the number of goals per cycle
question.

A possible direction could be to forget the "one cycle goal" thing and
allow to finish the
goals in a longer time frame. From "management" perspective the important
is to have
a fix number of goals per cycle to avoid overallocation of people.

Another approach could be to attach a number, a difficulty feeling or
similar to the
proposed goals to make it easier to select them, and avoid to choose 2
hard-to-do goal
for one cycle.
This numbering can be done by project teams/PTLs whoever has the insight
for the projects.
Example: zuulv3 migration can be a hard to do goal as affects the whole
gating of a project
with hard coordination between projects.
Add healthcheck API is much simpler as can be done without affecting the
life of a whole
project, or the community.

Regards
Lajos Katona (lajoskatona)