[ironic] Recovering IPMI-type baremetal nodes in 'error' state

Julia Kreger juliaashleykreger at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 04:20:04 UTC 2020

Greetings Paul,

Obviously, deleting and re-enrolling would be an action of last
resort. The only way that I can think you could have gotten the
machines into the provision state of ERROR is if they were somehow
requested to be un-provisioned.

The state machine diagram[0], refers to the provision state verb as
"deleted", but the command line tool command this is undeploy[1].

[0]: https://docs.openstack.org/ironic/latest/_images/states.svg
[1]: https://docs.openstack.org/python-ironicclient/latest/cli/osc/v1/index.html#baremetal-node-undeploy