[rpm-packaging][packaging][sigs] Moving to a packaging SIG

Dirk Müller dirk at dmllr.de
Fri Sep 18 17:53:41 UTC 2020

Am Fr., 18. Sept. 2020 um 15:20 Uhr schrieb Thierry Carrez
<thierry at openstack.org>:

> Clarification: you can still do releases (by pushing tags, as described
> in [1]), but the release management team is no longer responsible for
> them (so you're not using openstack/releases to propose them).

I think we never pushed tags or tagged releases, so thats not a
problem. The only support we so far needed from the release team was
to create a stable branch for every release once the stable branches
of OpenStack have been created.

How would that work with a SIG? Access in gerrit to create branches
via the gerrit webui (which we used to do years ago) was revoked quite
some time ago. Without the ability to create branches the SIG workflow
would not work for us.

Thanks,
Dirk