[all][qa][ci][kuryr] Default swap size of gate VMs is 1 GB now

Michał Dulko mdulko at redhat.com
Fri Sep 18 14:54:36 UTC 2020

Hi,

Last Friday Kuryr team noticed elevated rate of failures of the kuryr-
kubernetes gate jobs. Later on we've tracked it down to oom-killer
slaying our Amphora instances. We couldn't find a reason why that only
started to happen on Friday, until now. So commit [1] reduced default
swap size to 1 GB. If your jobs need more memory - you can try
overwriting that in your job configs like we do in [2].

I'm posting this to save people from a week of debugging as it wasn't a
fun activity. ;)

Thanks,
Michał

[1] https://opendev.org/openstack/openstack-zuul-jobs/commit/45f555fdf036de786b5988213b458b3b12dcef74