[tripleo] distributed-project-leadership RFC

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed Sep 16 14:46:01 UTC 2020

On 2020-09-16 17:18:35 +0300 (+0300), Marios Andreou wrote:
[...]
> thanks for clarifying - so I'm in fact describing PTL with
> liaisons above. I thought even with distributed PTL there is still
> a central figure that is to be held accountable should any of the
> liaisons be unable to fulfill their responsibilities.
[...]

Yep, just to make sure everyone's on the same page about what
https://governance.openstack.org/tc/resolutions/20200803-distributed-project-leadership.html
allows, it's a means of having no PTL at all and instead formally
assigning volunteers to at least these duties which a PTL would
normally have performed or delegated: Release liaison, TaCT SIG
liaison, Security SIG/VMT liaison (also optionally: Events liaison,
Project Update/Onboarding liaison, Meeting Facilitator, Bug Deputy,
RFE Coordinator).

These are all tasks a traditional PTL can already (and is encouraged
to) delegate to volunteers on their team if they are so inclined,
the 2020-08-03 Distributed Project Leadership resolution merely
recognizes a sanctioned way of doing that without any PTL
whatsoever.
--
Jeremy Stanley