[Neutron][FFE][requirements] request for QoS policy update for bound ports feature

Sean McGinnis sean.mcginnis at gmx.com
Tue Sep 15 16:03:09 UTC 2020

> I would like to ask for FFE for the RFE "allow replacing the QoS
> policy of bound port", [1].
> This feature adds the extra step to port update operation to change
> the allocation in Placement to the min_kbps values of the new QoS
> policy, if the port has a QoS policy with minimum_bandwidth rule and
> is bound and used by a server.
>
> In neutron there's one open patch:
> https://review.opendev.org/747774
>
> There's an open bug report for the neutron-lib side:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1894825 (placement story:
> https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2008111 )  and a fix for that:
> https://review.opendev.org/750349
>
> [1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1882804

Since this requires an update to neutron-lib, adding [requirements] to
the subject. Non-client library freeze was two weeks ago now, so it's a
bit late.

The fix looks fairly minor, but I don't know that code. Can you comment
on the potential risks of this change? We should be stabilizing as much
as possible at this point as we approach the final victoria release date.

Sean