Need help for stack update feature for scaling out use case or add new resources

Rahul Kumar rajput4u4ver at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 08:02:14 UTC 2020

Hi Team,
I have a stack template with 3 nodes , each node having a volume attached !
Now i updated my template with additional node and additional volume for
that node ! This results in user_data update of a node in template ! And
when i perform stack update feature , it gives me error: Invalid volume:
Volume 01e40c6e-4467-42fe-ba9d-ce7012db8978 status must be available or
downloading to reserve, but the current status is in-use.
This shows for the node (where user_data is changed) and yes it is
currently in use ! Then how one can update the stack using stack update
feature of openstack with volumes ?

Rahul