Is Storyboard really the future?

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Mon Sep 14 16:39:49 UTC 2020

On 2020-09-14 11:47:59 +0100 (+0100), Sean Mooney wrote:
[...]
> it would be nice to have a terminal interface and git workflow for
> this ( and everything, life in the terminal is less scary then on
> the web :) )
[...]

https://pypi.org/project/boartty/

Also, I agree. Using Git as a database (maybe like Gerrit does with
its NoteDB) and base data exchange protocol is an intriguing idea,
though makes me wonder how private stories would be handled if the
idea is to be able to clone/fetch the stories and tasks.

> well the programing lanugages that it is written in provides an
> impediment to that if it was python based

StoryBoard (the actual API service) is written entirely in Python.

> or used a maintained framework then contibuting would be a lot
> simpler.
[...]

The Web framework used for the StoryBoard Web Client is indeed
showing its age. It was originally chosen to coincide with a
proposed Horizon revamp years ago, but hasn't been updated (we'd
love some help there if people familiar with AngularJS are
interested in pitching in on it).
--
Jeremy Stanley