Is Storyboard really the future?

Gaël THEROND gael.therond at bitswalk.com
Mon Sep 14 08:17:32 UTC 2020

Hi everyone,

So, thomas, your message was rude and can hurt because Yocto didn’t
suggested to use those tools, he was answering you that he feel the pain as
everyone is suggesting those tool when you talk with people on IRC etc.

Even if I do understand your point and know the importance of being
autonomous and do not rely on non-FLOSS software, the thruth being all
those discussions is the pain in the ass that it is to contribute to
Openstack projects compared with other Open source software based on Github
or Github like workflow.

The opensource community and especially the Openstack one need to
understand that people really get a limited amount of time and so if you
want to attract more people your contribution process have to be
streamlined and on par with what most of us developers do experience on
everyday. The foundation made a first step toward that by migrating every
project on gitea, and honestly, I’m still amazed that while migrating those
projects it wasn’t decided to use the issues/projects feature of gitea.
There even is a cicd zuul plugin for gitea.

As a community we propose things, but if the community don’t use them, it’s
because it’s not what they’re waiting for. We also need to step back from
time to time and admit that one software need to sunset and be migrated
elsewhere.

We want a fully floss project to host it? Fine it’s perfectly valid
argument, then just reuse what’s already there with gitea and redirect
development effort of the abandonned software to the new platform in order
to support the missing part if ever required!