[mq][mariadb] What kind of reasons are considered when choosing the mq/mariadb version

Mark Goddard mark at stackhpc.com
Mon Sep 7 08:08:02 UTC 2020

On Sun, 6 Sep 2020 at 09:06, Brin Zhang(张百林) <zhangbailin at inspur.com> wrote:

> >Hi Brin,
>
> > the issue is that, per the bug report, MariaDB 10.1 cannot handle such changes to foreign keys:
>   Cannot change column 'network_id': used in a foreign key constraint 'subnets_ibfk_1'
> > It received support later.
>
> > Is there a particular reason you are trying to keep MariaDB 10.1?
>
> No, we want to upgrade openstack release, but I don’t know upgrade MariaDB whether is necessary (used 10.1 now), your suggestion will be very helpful to our choice. Therefore, for features that are highly dependent, or bug fixes, further verification is required.

Hi Brin, as always it would be helpful to know exactly the problem you
are facing, and if there is a reason why you are considering to choose
a version of these key components that differs from the versions
tested upstream. Are you using an external DB & MQ outside of kolla
that you do not have control over?