[mq][mariadb] What kind of reasons are considered when choosing the mq/mariadb version

Radosław Piliszek radoslaw.piliszek at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 10:16:29 UTC 2020

Hi Brin,

most of the time the distribution dictates the new version.
However, sometimes it is forced due to issues with new versions of
OpenStack and old versions of these dependencies (for example MariaDB
10.1 would fail to work with newer releases due to lack of MySQL
compatibility).
Newer versions usually mean new features that are useful for end
users. In this case RabbitMQ 3.8 shines with its new Prometheus
exporter.
We generally try to avoid needless updates but still stay current
enough to receive proper support from upstreams and satisfy the users.

-yoctozepto