[ironic] Announcing deprecation of the iSCSI deploy interface
dtantsur at redhat.com
Wed Sep 2 09:40:25 UTC 2020
Following up to the previous mailing list  and virtual meetup 
discussions, I would like to announce the plans to deprecate the 'iscsi'
This is the updated plan discussed on the virtual meetup:
1) In the Victoria cycle (i.e. right now):
- Fill in the detected feature gaps .
- Switch off the iscsi deploy interface by default.
- Change [agent]image_dowload_source to HTTP by default.
- Give the direct deploy a higher priority, so that it's used by default
- Mark it as deprecated in the code (causing warnings when enabled).
- Release a major version of ironic to highlight the defaults changes.
2) In the W cycle:
- Keep the iscsi deploy deprecated.
- Listen to operators' feedback.
3) In the X cycle
- Remove the iscsi deploy completely from ironic and IPA.
- Remove support code from ironic-lib with a major version bump.
Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.
Red Hat GmbH, https://de.redhat.com/ , Registered seat: Grasbrunn,
Commercial register: Amtsgericht Muenchen, HRB 153243,
Managing Directors: Charles Cachera, Brian Klemm, Laurie Krebs, Michael
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the openstack-discuss