Devstack installation failure

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Fri Oct 30 18:01:25 UTC 2020

On 2020-10-30 17:06:59 +0000 (+0000), Ratnopam Chakrabarti wrote:
> Has anyone successfully installed devstack in last 2 weeks with
> stack.sh script?It was working well for me before that. I am
> seeing failures when I try to install on Ubuntu 18.04.
[...]

It's run thousands of times a day in the project's CI system, so I
would expect it works for at least some cases. Keep in mind that
neither master (future Wallaby release) nor the stable/victoria
branch are really tested against Ubuntu 18.04. You can find the
lists of officially tested runtimes linked from the governance site
here:

https://governance.openstack.org/tc/reference/project-testing-interface.html#tested-runtimes

Odds are you want to try to reproduce the problem on Ubuntu 20.04 at
least, since that's what is being tested upstream.
--
Jeremy Stanley