[nova][os-brick] iSCSI multipath oddness during hard reboot

Lee Yarwood lyarwood at redhat.com
Thu Oct 29 09:49:34 UTC 2020

On 28-10-20 10:42:46, Grant Morley wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It appears we are using `queue_if_no_path`
>
> device {
>         vendor "NETAPP"
>         product "LUN.*"
>         path_grouping_policy "group_by_prio"
>         path_checker "tur"
>         features "3 queue_if_no_path pg_init_retries 50"
>         hardware_handler "0"
>         prio "ontap"
>         failback "immediate"
>         rr_weight "uniform"
>         rr_min_io 128
>         flush_on_last_del "yes"
>         dev_loss_tmo "infinity"
>         user_friendly_names "no"
>         retain_attached_hw_handler "yes"
>         detect_prio "yes"
>
> We are using libvirt virt driver and this is the info from `sudo virsh
> dominfo $instance_uuid`
>
> Id:             -
> Name:           instance-00049282
> UUID:           c8079e85-4777-4615-9d5a-3d1151e11984
> OS Type:        hvm
> State:          shut off
> CPU(s):         1
> Max memory:     1048576 KiB
> Used memory:    1048576 KiB
> Persistent:     yes
> Autostart:      disable
> Managed save:   no
> Security model: apparmor
> Security DOI:   0

kk so the domain is still defined, you can try to undefine this manually
and remove the associated multipath device from the host before asking
Nova to attempt to power on (actually the same as a hard reboot behind
the scenes). This should get your instance back up and running at
least.

> We are using an old version of OpenStack ( Queens ) that we are in the
> process of migrating away from. Not sure it is worth raising a bug on such
> an old version?
>
> Happy to do so if it will help.

There are still plenty of users on Queens so I'd be happy to take a look
at the nova-compute logs during the initial attempt.

Cheers,

Lee

--
Lee Yarwood                 A5D1 9385 88CB 7E5F BE64  6618 BCA6 6E33 F672 2D76