[tripleo] TripleO at Wallaby PTG wrapup

Marios Andreou marios at redhat.com
Thu Oct 29 09:22:43 UTC 2020

Hello all,

thanks to everyone that participated and especially thanks to all who
prepared and lead our PTG sessions. The number of participants was variable
however the maximum attendees (that I noticed at least) per day were
Monday:43, Tuesday:48, Wednesday:39.

We had three full days with 18 sessions in total. I've included a condensed
listing below [3] for convenience and you can find the full schedule at [1]
with session descriptions. All sessions were recorded - hopefully we will
get access to those soon (I don't have any info about that yet).

If you have problems accessing any of the etherpads reach out to me I made
backups.

Our "team photo" from Monday is available at [2] :)

Thanks again TripleO for a great PTG!

regards, marios

[1] https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/tripleo-ptg-wallaby
[2] https://i.imgur.com/apqiYhk.png
[3]
DAY 1:

retrospective & community topics Etherpad:
https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/tripleo-ptg-retrospective Etherpad link:
https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/tripleo-ptg-wallaby-community-process

(Deployment) Composable Network v2 (sans Heat) Proposer: Emilien, Harald &
Rabi Etherpad link: https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/composable-networks-v2

(Edge) Topic: State of DCN Proposer: James Slagle Etherpad link:
https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/tripleo-ptg-wallaby-edge

(PIDONE) Updates from PIDONE Proposer: dciabrin/bandini Etherpad link:
https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/tripleo-ptg-wallaby-pidone

(Ceph) Topic: review the cephadm integration specs
https://review.opendev.org/#/c/757644/ and
https://review.opendev.org/#/c/723108/ and https://review.opendev.org/759395
Etherpad link: https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/tripleo-ceph Presenter:
[fmount, gfidente, fultonj]

DAY 2:

(Upgrades) Lessons learned upgrading from Queens to Train, then looking
forward at Train to Wallaby Etherpad link:
https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/tripleo-PTG-wallaby-upgrades Presenter:
Jesse (odyssey4me), Lukas (lbezdick), Jose (jfrancoa), Sergii (holser)

(CI) Topic: Dependency pipeline, CentOS Stream and CentOS 9 / Fedora 33
Slides:
https://filedn.com/lHMSkrniM7gFSkf96rR711z/TripleODependencyPipeline.pdf
Presenter: (rlandy)

(Deployment) Topic: Drop heat-monolith local package requirement for
undercloud Proposer: Alex Schultz (mwhahaha) Slides:
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/13ds5h9foCHEy3duElGs6mZ3mQwKcaggX6VjcjeOPaOs/edit?usp=sharing
Blueprint:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/tripleo/+spec/switch-to-heat-all-container

(Security) Topic: Updates for Security Etherpad  Link:
https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/tripleo-PTG-wallaby-security Presenter: Ade
(alee)

(Upgrades) Topic: Update should only be role inclusion, module and action
plugins but we can't do the refactor without any upstream development
framework or.... some broader coverage CI. Etherpad link:
https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/tripleo-ptg-wallaby-refactor-update

(CI) Topic: 0/ so long docker.io Etherpad link:
https://hackmd.io/YH9xtBmOQbSVqPu7fjgoog?both Presenter: sshnaidm, chkumar,
weshay, marios,

DAY 3:

(Deployment) Topic: Move to Ansible 2.10.x Proposer: Kevin Carter Etherpad
link: https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/tripleo-ansible-210

(Upgrades) Topics: Run all roles in parallel during update by default for
massive speed improvment. Etherpad link:
https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/tripleo-ptg-wallaby-all-roles-in-parallel

(Deployment) Topic: config-download Ansible Collection Etherpad link:
https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/ptg-tripleo-config-download-collection
Proposer: Luke Short (ekultails)

(Deployment) Topic: Removal of Swift from the Undercloud Proposer: Kevin
Carter (cloudnull) Etherpad link:
https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/tripleo-swift-removal-undercloud

(Ceph) Integration Discussion - Continued Etherpad link:
https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/tripleo-ceph Presenter: [fmount, gfidente,
fultonj]

(Networking) Topic: BGP Integration https://review.opendev.org/#/c/758249/
"Spec for installing and configuring FRRouter" Proposer: Dan Sneddon

(Cloudops) Topic: Moving deployment logic into ansible roles Proposer:
efoley, all (discussion)