Help with meetpad needed

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Mon Oct 26 22:24:53 UTC 2020

On 2020-10-26 22:43:42 +0100 (+0100), Slawek Kaplonski wrote:
> In Neutron sessions we are successfully using meetpad. But I have
> one question about it, maybe You will be able to help me somehow.
> When I click "open shared document" in the meetpad, etherpad is
> displayed but only until someone will start talking or someone new
> will join the call. Is it possible somehow to force display of the
> etherpad always?
[...]

We discussed this at some length in the #openstack-ptg IRC channel
as well, but in short this is an outstanding problem for which we've
as of yet been unable to identify a solution. Jitsi-Meet seems to
really, really, *really* want to shift focus to the camera of
whoever is talking, and will sometimes decide to replace the shared
document view to do so, even if you're in the middle of typing into
it. Suggestions from anyone who has more experience with Jitsi-Meet
configuration would be welcome, we're somewhat stumped.
--
Jeremy Stanley