CloudKitty deployment on Train and/or Ussuri

Thode Jocelyn jocelyn.thode at elca.ch
Fri Oct 23 06:37:28 UTC 2020

Hi,

I was looking at the possibilities to have Rating-as-A-Service in our Openstack (currently train but planning to move to Ussuri) and I stumbled upon CloudKitty. I'm currently facing multiple issues with cloudkitty itself and with openstack-ansible. (We are using a containerized deployment with LXC)

  *   I noticed that openstack-ansible has no playbook yet to install a service like CloudKitty even though starting from Ussuri it was added in the ansible-role-requirements.yml. I have created a small patch to be able to install CloudKitty via openstack-ansible and if this is of interest I could potentially submit a PR with this.
  *   The os_cloudkitty role seems to kinda work and only with a relatively old version of CloudKitty. For example, here : https://opendev.org/openstack/openstack-ansible-os_cloudkitty/src/branch/stable/train/templates/cloudkitty.conf.j2#L38 since CloudKitty v8.0.0 the section should be named "[fetcher_keystone]", but I found no information as to which CloudKitty version should be used with this role. Does someone have any recommendation as to which version should be used and if there is any interest in improving the role to support more recent versions of CloudKitty?
  *   Even when tweaking the configuration and installing v7.0.0 of Cloudkitty it only fixes cloudkitty-processor, I was never able to make cloudkitty-api work I always get an error like "Fatal Python error: Py_Initialize: Unable to get the locale encoding  ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'encodings'". Any input on this would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Jocelyn