[charms] HA, haproxy https backend checks

Xav Paice xavpaice at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 21:46:01 UTC 2020

Hi,

Looking at https://review.opendev.org/#/c/750224/, we've got a change that
switches haproxy from looking at tcp socket connection, to http.  I'd like
to update that change to enable the same for when apache is providing
https, and use the /healthcheck endpoint.

See https://github.com/juju/charm-helpers/pull/521 for a change to the
haproxy template to enable this, and I'd submit a fresh patchset for the
change but can't right now with opendev in maintenance.

I'm wondering re zaza tests for this, should I be adding bundles that have
3 units of Glance (to prove HA) and likely Vault so that we can check
https?  That would increase the bundle size a chunk, but I think it would
improve the overall testing of the charm.

Thoughts?