approach to deploying rhosp 16.1 with octavia on standalone

Chen Sagi ChenSa at radware.com
Mon Oct 19 07:51:43 UTC 2020

Hi,

I have tried to do that with no success.

I am running this command (took the example command from RHOSP 16.1 guide + added the Octavia environment file):

sudo openstack tripleo deploy \
  --templates \
  --local-ip=$IP/$NETMASK \
  -e /usr/share/openstack-tripleo-heat-templates/environments/standalone/standalone-tripleo.yaml \
  -r /usr/share/openstack-tripleo-heat-templates/roles/Standalone.yaml \
  -e $HOME/containers-prepare-parameters.yaml \
  -e $HOME/standalone_parameters.yaml \
  -e /usr/share/openstack-tripleo-heat-templates/environments/services/octavia.yaml \
  --output-dir $HOME \
  --standalone

And after the playbook starts it seems like it fails due to Octavia:
[cid:image001.png at 01D6A605.D3FF2790]

That’s why I was sure I am unable to install it.
From what I understand my problem is that Octavia won’t automatically generate certificates (and needs undercloud to do so)

Do you have any information that I might be missing to solve this issue?

Thanks,
Chen Sagi.