[tripleo][overcloud] setup 2 bonds for overcloud deployment tripleo

Dan Sneddon dsneddon at redhat.com
Tue Oct 20 15:24:19 UTC 2020

Since you don't have a dedicated provisioning port, you want the control
plane address directly on the bond rather than on a separate NIC. I
modified the templates in 2-linux-bonds-vlans to use the first 2 NICs
for the bond with the control plane IP and VLANs, and the other bond for
Tenant VLAN (tunnel traffic) and a bridge on the second bond for tenant
provider networks.

The only changes necessary were moving the IP/subnet/route information
from the dedicated NIC to the first bond, and then renumbering the NICs
in the bonds to 1/2 and 3/4 instead of 2/3 and 4/5.

Note that in order for this example to work, you would need to use LACP
bonds with the switch configured with LACP fallback so that the first
NIC becomes a regular host port for DHCP and PXE boot prior to the host
OS being installed. Once the host OS is installed and the bond is
configured, the LACP bond will be negotiated and the provisioning link
will become a slave in the first bond. You may want to set the switch to
LACP passive so that it waits for the host to bring up the bond.

I have attached the modified NIC config templates.

-Dan

--
Dan Sneddon         |  Senior Principal Software Engineer
dsneddon at redhat.com |  redhat.com/cloud