[tripleo][overcloud] setup 2 bonds for overcloud deployment tripleo

Marios Andreou marios at redhat.com
Mon Oct 19 07:08:38 UTC 2020

On Mon, Oct 19, 2020 at 8:14 AM dangerzone ar <dangerzonen at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi.. I'm looking help to deploy overcloud (openstack train) as per initial
> req below:-
> a) 3 controllers
> b) 5 computes
> c) 2 bonds (bond0 - all vlan except for tenant , bond1 - for tenant vlan
> only)
> *No external storage and dpdk computes for now as trying to deploy these 3
> controllers and 5 computes first.
>
> I have gone through openstack web, blogs and some other resources and
> failed to deploy with success. One of my problems is to identify the right
> templates to use for my setup and config for 2 bonds above.
> I have struggled to deploy overcloud for a month without success...I
> really appreciate your help and support to guide me. Please your help and
> support is much appreciated. I request help from everybody. Thank you

Hello,

The network templates in tripleo-heat-templates are always meant as an
example which you will need to customize for your specific deployment
requirements.

That being said, there are a number of examples there which you should be
able to adapt to your needs. For 2 bonds with vlans I believe this [1] is
the config you will need - nics 2/3 go into one bond then nics 4/5 into
another.

Since you're looking at train one thing I can think of is to ensure you
have the docker-ha [3] environment file included (deployment was by default
non-ha [2] before ussuri).

Hope it helps you a bit :). Hopefully others can also chime in with more
specific info about the network config (I haven't touched those for a very
long time) but I think you'll have to give more details about the full
deployment command you're currently using (i.e. what are the -e
environment_files you're now passing) and the problems you have,

regards, marios

[1]
https://opendev.org/openstack/tripleo-heat-templates/src/commit/ed46b26527b5f0ac09712c98fe8560d752544f80/network/config/2-linux-bonds-vlans/role.role.j2.yaml#L169-L188
[2]