[Kolla] container images for Victoria?

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Oct 15 16:57:11 UTC 2020

On 2020-10-15 16:48:11 +0000 (+0000), Tony Liu wrote:
[...]
> > > [1]
> > > http://mirror.iad.rax.opendev.org/centos/8/cloud/x86_64/openstack-ussu
> > > ri/ [2]
> > > http://mirror.iad.rax.opendev.org/centos/8/cloud/x86_64/openstack-vict
> > > oria/
> >
> > Hopefully production Kolla deployment doesn't obtain packages from those
> > URLs. They're package caches for test systems, and are not guaranteed to
> > exist long term (we could rename them at any moment or take them
> > indefinitely offline for extended maintenance), nor are they necessarily
> > guaranteed to be reachable outside the test regions of our CI system to
> > which they're dedicated.
>
> Where is production Kolla deployment supposed to obtain packages?

If you're building your own images, then they should ideally get
pulled from somewhere like http://mirror.centos.org/centos/8/ or one
of the specific official CentOS mirrors close to where you're doing
your image builds (definitely not from one of opendev.org's random
unofficial CI system mirrors).
--
Jeremy Stanley