[nova][magnum][zun] Nova-Docker package missing in the git repository

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed Oct 7 13:12:22 UTC 2020

On 2020-10-07 18:10:06 +0530 (+0530), Nischay Mundas wrote:
> I am trying to deploy docker with OpenStack Nova on CentOs7 VM.
> For this reason, I am referring to the link -
> https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Docker.

That article describes an unmaintained Nova hypervisor backend which
likely no longer works given it was last updated in early 2016. I
have added a warning at the top of the page just now, referring
readers to Zun as an actively maintained alternative solution for
managing individual containers in OpenStack.

> I have come across a point where the nova-docker package is not
> present in the mentioned git repository i.e
> https://opendev.org/x/nova-docker.

If you really need the old source code, it can be accessed from the
commit previous to its retirement, like so:

https://opendev.org/x/nova-docker/src/commit/034a4842fc1ebba5912e02cff8cd197ae81eb0c3/

> So, can you please help me with this?

Chances are you're going to have a better experience if you try Zun
(for managing individual containers) or Magnum (for managing
Kubernetes pods of containers):

https://docs.openstack.org/zun/
https://docs.openstack.org/magnum/

--