Modify devstack after basic deployment

Sean Mooney smooney at redhat.com
Tue Oct 6 11:11:32 UTC 2020

On Tue, 2020-10-06 at 14:35 +0600, Md. Hejbul Tawhid MUNNA wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have deployed a basic openstack using devstack. now I want to install
> additional component like designate or magnum. What is the way to do that?
you basically have to un the unstack.sh script to tear down the devestack deployment
then enable the addtional services and there dependecies in your local.conf and then
redeploy with the stack.sh script. devstack is for developement uses so the intened
usage model is to tear downs  and redeploy it reguarly in some cases multipel times a day.
there are ways  to make minor changes without tearing it down and redeploying but to
add a new service that is basically the only way to do it with out wriging  a custom scipt
to run the reslevent fphases in the correct order to install the extra service manually.

if you just run stack.sh again without unstacking it will corrupt the databases fo some services
as the devstack modules are not intended to be idempotent so they will end up wiping the service
entires and other data when they are run again.