[Gnocchi-api] Gnocchi-api can not be found

WALSH CHANG walsh277072 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 05:19:24 UTC 2020

To whom it may concern,

I got the error message when I restart gnocchi-api as the official
installation guide.
Here is the error message I got

root at c3macserver2:~# service gnocchi-api start
Failed to start gnocchi-api.service: Unit gnocchi-api.service not found.
root at c3macserver2:~# whereis gnocchi-api
gnocchi-api: /usr/bin/gnocchi-api

gnocchi-api is already the newest version (4.3.2-0ubuntu2~cloud0).

Someone said the new version doesn't include the gnocchi-api, so I am
trying to install the previous version.
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/47520779/service-gnocchi-api-not-found

Need the help to install the previous version of gnocchi-api.
My openstack version : stein
Ubuntu 18.0.4
Thanks.

Kind regards,