[tripleo] Image build error with missing osops-tools-monitoring-oschecks in CentOS 8

Yatin Karel ykarel at redhat.com
Thu Oct 1 11:07:52 UTC 2020

Hi,

On Thu, Oct 1, 2020 at 3:37 PM Ruslanas Gžibovskis <ruslanas at lpic.lt> wrote:

> I am talking about ussuri, centos8, deployed from centos packages.
>
> it is in the package:openstack-tripleo-puppet-elements-12.3.1-1.el8.noarch
>
> I know, that this "osops-tools-monitoring-oschecks" was removed, but it still in pkg-map file ;)

Ok you are using centos ussuri repos, and those are  missing the
commit from stable/ussuri
https://github.com/openstack/tripleo-puppet-elements/compare/12.3.1...stable/ussuri
as last ussuri tag release was 10 weeks ago
https://review.opendev.org/#/c/742478/. So a new release is needed to
get the fixes for the issue you are seeing. @Wesley Hayutin can we
have new releases for Ussuri.

> Sorry I did not specify exact version of OSP release.
>
> On Thu, 1 Oct 2020 at 11:27, Yatin Karel <ykarel at redhat.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Ruslanas,
>>
>> I guess you are hitting it in Train as for Ussuri+ that element is
>> removed[1]. It was not backported to Train as Train supports both
>> CentOS7 and 8. You can propose a patch to the stable/train branch of
>> openstack/tripleo-puppet-elements to handle CentOS8 case.
>>

>> [1] https://review.opendev.org/#/q/4b60b7cd6999591cb3d0f50ab3966688a566a02c
>>
>> On Thu, Oct 1, 2020 at 1:46 PM Ruslanas Gžibovskis <ruslanas at lpic.lt> wrote:
>> >
>> > Hi all,
>> >
>> > in file: /usr/share/tripleo-puppet-elements/overcloud-opstools/pkg-map
>> > should be added before "default", on line 9 following text, to support CentOS 8:
>> >
>> >   "release": {
>> >     "centos": {
>> >       "8": {
>> >         "oschecks_package": ""
>> >       }
>> >     }
>> >   },
>> >
>> > so it would not search for osops-tools-monitoring-oschecks
>> >
>> > not sure where to submit an update, sending here, someone who knows what and where, can do or I can submit it just name where.
>> >
>> > --
>> > Ruslanas Gžibovskis
>> > +370 6030 7030
>>

>> Thanks and Regards