[tc][heat][tacker][tosca-parser][heat-translator] Discusssion about heat-translater and tosca-parser maintenance

HADDLETON, Robert W (Bob) bob.haddleton at nokia.com
Fri Nov 27 15:09:41 UTC 2020

@spzala and I have been maintaining, as best we can, tosca-parser and
heat-translator for the past several years, though our day jobs have
moved on to other things.  This hasn't been a problem because of the
extremely low activity in both projects, mostly updating for releases
and handling a bug fix every once in a while.  While there has been a
flurry of new activity in the past week, we are unaware of any issues in
these repos causing Tacker build failures or blocking any progress.

I know I would be more than happy to add to the core team with the goal
of eventually handing off maintenance responsibilities, and I'm pretty
sure Sahdev will agree.

I'll be back in the office next week, for about a week or so, then off
the rest of the year.  I'm glad to start discussions now and plan to
start making changes in January, if that works.

Thanks,

Bob