[tripleo] Copying tripleo container images to quay.io

Bogdan Dobrelya bdobreli at redhat.com
Fri Nov 27 12:19:22 UTC 2020

So I explored how exactly skopeo copy works with the WIP zstd:chunked
compression format.

The main case here is when copying *new* layers of the *same* image.
What is not the case in TripleO CI. We build images from scratch and tag
it only once, like current-tripleo. Here ends that build's lifecycle.

Had we decided to change that to update existing images, we could come
back and try that new feature of skopeo, or may be even consume it
directly via buildah bud, when it's there.

Another caveat is that only OCI compliant registries could accept such
zstd:chunked compressed layers.

But anyway that was a good try...

--
Best regards,