[all][infra] CI test result table in the new gerrit review UI

Tristan Cacqueray tdecacqu at redhat.com
Thu Nov 26 17:30:12 UTC 2020

On Thu, Nov 26, 2020 at 15:59 Sean Mooney wrote:
> On Thu, 2020-11-26 at 15:19 +0000, Jeremy Stanley wrote:
>> On 2020-11-26 15:10:09 +0000 (+0000), Tristan Cacqueray wrote:
>> [...]
>> > Here is a CR to add the test result table back in the new gerrit UI:
>> >
>> >   https://review.opendev.org/c/opendev/system-config/+/763891
>> >
>> > This new implementation uses the javascript plugin extension API.
>>
>> Thanks--that was quick work!

You're welcome :)

> is that going to be moved to the zuul org in opendev as a part of the zuul projects
> deliverables.
>
> i kind of think it makes sne to develop it there rather then on the rdo gerrit instance.

I'd be happy to move the project to the opendev gerrit.

> looking at the impleation it does not look like this owrks teh ssame way by parsing the comment
> https://softwarefactory-project.io/cgit/software-factory/zuul-results-gerrit-plugin/tree/src/ZuulResultsPlugin.re#n115

That is correct, this is using the Gerrit Js plugin api, which let you
register a `showChange` callback, which is called with the change info
https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/Documentation/rest-api-changes.html#change-info

Thus no need to hack through the dom to get the comments.

Note that the gerrit related code is in another project here:
  https://softwarefactory-project.io/cgit/software-factory/re-gerrit/

> will this just show the results form zuul. it need to pars all the comments form the third party cis too.
> basicaly you need to parse all coment form a author that end isn CI and comments form zuul

It should do that already, though I haven't tested it with real data. I
guess the next step would be to enable such plugin on review-dev.

Cheers,
-Tristan