Clone Cinder-Backed Image (Ussuri)

Rajat Dhasmana rdhasman at redhat.com
Wed Nov 18 22:31:11 UTC 2020

Hi Lazuardi,

There have been a lot of changes recently in the glance cinder store, the
most prominent being support of multiple cinder stores[1] (although that
isn't related to your question, still good to know about).

If i understand your question correctly, you would like an optimized
"create volume from image" operation if the image is volume backed?
If yes then we support that as given in the blueprint you mentioned.
Also your observation is correct, this is one issue i also noticed while
testing out this path and mentioned in the review here[2] (which is a patch
to support glance cinder multiple stores functionality)

[1]
https://specs.openstack.org/openstack/cinder-specs/specs/ussuri/support-glance-multiple-backend.html
[2] https://review.opendev.org/#/c/755654/7

Thanks and regards